Pen in hand
I wrote to you
a sonnet down
sentiment new
We left together
and stayed nearby
I felt your vibes
we played till high
I licked the foam
from the beer
declared, "you're next."
enjoyed good cheer
All the time
I feel you near
so far away
I know the cure
Hello sunshine
I like your shirt
golden yellow
I like to flirt
Late summer Sun
feels warm and lush
your naked body
such a rush
They came to eat
they had their fill
stuffed their faces
and paid the bill
That's how it goes
when you pretend
the truth delayed
until the end
I feel the sunshine
my thoughts sublime
salubrious meaning
a delightful time
There I go
drained another beer
My tab is paid
my departure near
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Where, oh where, have you been hiding?? Your writing is amazing. I'm honored to have made such a brilliantly talented new friend. <3
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kim, your writing is just amazing. This really hit home for me---and I know everyone interprets poetry different, this one really hit a chord.
ReplyDeleteThank you!